3.19.2007

Cobi's Final Season

As expected, Cobi Jones announced today that 2007 will be his final season in MLS. He goes into his retirement as one of the most popular and important players to the Los Angeles Galaxy, MLS and U.S. soccer. He is the only player to play for the same team since the inception of the league and won two titles with the Galaxy (2002, 2005). At 36, he may have lost a step, but he still gets the loudest cheers at Galaxy home games, and rightfully so: #13 stands as the Galaxy's all-time leader in almost every major statistical category, including games played (281), goals (66) and assists (86).

"It's been an honor and a pleasure to represent my country and the city of Los Angeles over the span of my career... I hope that people remember me, not only for the accomplishments that I've had, but also how I've conducted myself on and off the field," Jones said during his press conference today.

No comments: