3.03.2007

Freddy Adu Hopes For Spain Move

Real Salt Lake attacking midfielder Freddy Adu would like to play for Real Madrid one day. Adu is currently training with the rest of his team in Spain - they are set to play a friendly against a Madrid Select XI. He hopes to impress Primera Liga scouts enough to be offered a chance to make the move, saying, "My desire to come here still stands... Maybe one day, Real Madrid's going to come knocking."On his move to Real Salt Lake, Adu told RealMadrid.com, "I couldn't be happier. Not a lot of people know this, but it was something I wanted. I'm an attacking midfielder and I knew this team was going to give me an opportunity to play in that position."

Adu recently had a two-week trial with Manchester United, but says he knew immediately that he would refuse a move to the Premiership if offered, because he wouldn't be allowed to play his natural position.

No comments: