5.21.2007

Shevchenko To MLS?

Ukranian striker Andriy Shevchenko has admitted that he would someday like to follow David Beckham to the United States. In an interview with Sports Illustrated, Sheva talked about soccer in America: "I'd like to play there, actually. Soccer is growing in the U.S. and I'd like to be a part of that. I played there last summer against the MLS All-Stars and I saw myself that it's definitely improving."
Shevchenko, 30, married American model Kristen Pazik in 2004 near Washington, D.C. If Sheva decides to make a move to MLS, D.C. United would likely be the club with the best chance to land him. He signed a four-year contract with English club Chelsea in 2006 and has spent time with A.C. Milan and Dynamo Kyiv. He has also scored 33 goals in 73 appearances for his country's national team, including two in the 2006 World Cup.

No comments: